Landscape maintenance and landscape management – These two terms are often used interchangeably, but they actually refer to different services.
Landscape maintenance involves periodic visits from a professional to maintain your property’s natural elements such as grass, trees, and shrubs. This service typically includes fertilization, weed control, and mulching.
Landscape management, on the other hand, refers to a more comprehensive approach that extends beyond just maintaining your property’s natural elements. It also includes designing or redesigning an outdoor space to create a functional environment for living areas like patios, decks, or pools; it can also involve installing irrigation systems or sprinkler systems, among other things. If you want a well-managed yard, then plan on investing in design services as well as skilled labor that can help turn your vision into reality!
Landscape maintenance is essential to the overall landscape appearance and functionality. Landscape maintenance helps prevent routine landscaping issues that can lead to major costs over time.
Performing landscape maintenance involves the following tasks:
- Trimming and hedging of bushes, plants, trees, and vines.
- Fertilizing shrubs, flowers, or other plant life in your landscape.
- Outdoor cleanup duties like mowing overgrown lawns, which might include disposing of landscape waste.
- Any additional landscaping tasks that might be needed regularly to keep your landscape looking beautiful and healthy.
To perform landscape maintenance, you need the right equipment for the job, such as:
- Hedge trimmers – these are specifically made for shrubs or hedges in your landscape.
- A lawnmower will help you keep the grass in your landscape looking healthy.
- Leaf blowers are extremely helpful for removing dead leaves and debris.
- A pole saw is especially useful for cutting limbs that extend high above the tree line.
- Tools like pruning shears, shovels, or rakes will also be necessary to help maintain your landscape space properly.
Landscape management is a branch of public and corporate landscaping that involves designing, constructing, maintaining, and managing outdoor spaces for practical use.
Landscape managers are in charge of designing landscape plans to be implemented by contractors or employees who will physically build and actualize these designs. They ensure that everything is built according to the design, and adheres to local laws and codes. Once built, landscape managers have to oversee the maintenance of these areas and ensure that all work is done promptly.
Landscape management also entails event planning for private or public events; landscape management professionals transform outdoor venues into whatever design their client wants and make sure everything runs smoothly on an operational level during large-scale events.
Landscape management is an incredibly diverse field that takes care of the outdoor space for several different uses to accommodate everyone in their own way; landscape management professionals also ensure these spaces are maintained well and look great throughout all seasons.
Against the Elements, LLC is a landscape design and installation company that offers landscaping maintenance services to clients in Hartland. Our experts are ready and waiting to partner with you on your next project. We offer free estimates, so don’t hesitate to call us today!